Colonel Louis Montolieu was lieutenant-colonel of the 2nd Troop of Horse Guards and became a director of the French Hospital in 1759. His son, Louis (c. 1761-1822), married Elizabeth Le Heup, daughter of Peter and Clara Le Heup and became baron de Saint-Hippolyte. His painting is shown here.
The Monolieu family continued to have ties to the French Hospital. Jacques and Charles Molinier, Louis’ uncles on his mother’s side, were French Hospital Directors. Another descendent, David Montolieu, sold a necklace of forty-seven pearls (gifted by Mademoiselle de la Croix) to raise money for the French Hospital.