The Norris family originally owned the Victoria Park site where the French Hospital was based for some time. They had held this land in their family for two hundred years before selling it to the French Hospital for £1600 per acre.
The Norris family traced their Huguenot routes through the Du Quesne (or Du Cane) family. A Du Cane was the agent for Henry Norris during the sale of Victoria Park. Another member of the family was the Reverend Henry Norris, pictured here.