What to expect
To keep you safe we introduced new distancing and hygiene measures in August 2020. To help everyone feel comfortable and safe we are maintaining these measures. Please wear a face covering when you visit, unless you are exempt.
- Installed a protective screen at our Reception Desk
- Installed hand sanitiser dispensers
- Removed interactive displays and dressing up, for the time being. We are working on safe ways to encourage interactivity in the galleries.
- Limit the number of visitors in the galleries to make sure they don’t get too crowded
- Open windows where possible
- Clean at the beginning, end and throughout the day
We ask you to
- Sanitise hands on arrival. This applies even if you are wearing gloves.
- Maintain social distancing
- Wear a mask in our shop and galleries, unless you are exempt
We have lift access to all floors as usual. Only one person, or family group, will be allowed in the lift at one time.
Our toilets will be open. Operating on a ‘one in/one out’ basis to maintain safe distancing. Queuing will be managed by our staff. Toilets are for customers only. If you are not visiting the Museum or making a purchase in the shop and use our toilets, we ask you to make a donation towards the cost of maintaining them.
We will be continually monitoring the guidelines and advice provided by the UK Government and Public Health England and are committed to making the right decisions for you and our volunteers. Thank you for working with us to keep everyone safe!
Family History Service
We will continue to offer our family history service remotely, with no face to face consultations.
You will be able pick up an enquiry form from the Reception Desk and our volunteers will complete their research from home. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for more information.